As Managing Director, Edward leads a team of retirement plan professionals that provides comprehensive consulting services to a diverse group of clients. Key areas of focus include fiduciary oversight & governance, investment due diligence, plan design consulting, vendor management, and employee education. The team’s ultimate goal is to protect the client’s fiduciary interests while promoting financial wellness, and helping to prepare employees for retirement. Edward believes having a firm understanding of the regulatory environment, deploying dedicated subject matter experts, and having a strong commitment to finding efficiencies in the marketplace are all key factors in helping his clients build effective and successful retirement plans.
Edward’s primary focus is on defined contribution and defined benefit plans for both for-profit and not-for-profit entities.
Throughout his 18 years of industry experience, Edward has spent eleven years as Managing Director for SageView Advisory Group, five years as a Financial Consultant for Smith Barney, and two years as a Financial Consultant for Merrill Lynch.
Education and Achievements:
- BS in Business Administration, Management from Portland State University
- Series 7, 65, and 66 securities registrations
- Insurance professional license for life and variable contracts (multiple states)
- Recognized by PlanAdviser Magazine as one of the nation’s “Most Successful Retirement Plan Advisers of the Year”* in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- PlanAdvisor Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisor* for 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
*Recognition from rating services or publications is no guarantee of future investment success. Working with a highly rated advisor does not ensure that a client or prospective client will experience a higher level of performance of results. These ratings should not be construed as an endorsement of the advisor by any client nor are they representative of any one client’s evaluations.