Dmitriy Sherman is a Consulting Actuary with SageView Consulting Group. Dmitriy has over 20 years of actuarial experience. He has previously held positions at Clarity in Numbers, McGladrey (now Newport Group), Willis Towers Watson and Chicago Consulting Actuaries (now Aon Hewitt).
He prepares participant data, performs pension and OPEB valuations, prepares expense and disclosure calculations for financial statement reporting for plans and employers.
Dmitriy served as sole OPEB Valuation Expert and performed all OPEB programming in the most sophisticated actuarial software, ProVal, at McGladrey and Clarity in Numbers. His current responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the management and review of reports for SageView’s clients in accordance with GASB, FASB, IASB and ERISA standards.
- Final review of the annual gain/loss analysis to determine reasons for changes in the unfunded actuarial accrued liability.
- Calculating the implicit rate subsidy, if any, and the impact it would have on the OPEB liability.
- Preparing and providing comprehensive reports and executive summaries, by plan, discussing assumptions, data utilized, and results.
- Presenting each plan to the specific entity and to the entire management/Board or other broader group.
- Designing retirement programs to meet strategic human resource and business objectives.
- Analyzing relevant data to assess any inconsistencies and make recommendations for enhancing data quality.
- Forecasting contribution and expense requirements under various economic and demographic scenarios, which also helps to determine the long-term effect of plan and law changes.
Dmitriy is an Associate of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from DePaul University.